Ears described in many shapes and sizes and are more than just a hearing organ but also makes it possible for us to walk. The ear has a periphery function of balance and stability. Our ears are delicate, intricate and ear problems including hearing loss can occur due to environmental conditions, bacteria, trauma, congenital disorders and tumours. Our ears are a complex system where it changes sound into mechanical and electrical energy. Conditions affecting the ear can be classified into those affecting the inner, middle or external ear, or a combination of these.
These conditions can cause symptoms related to hearing (hearing loss, tinnitus or ringing), balance (vertigo, dizziness, lightheadedness), and local ear symptoms (pain, pressure, ear discharge, itchiness, facial weakness).
We offer surgical treatment and management for common ear disorders such as ear infections, estuation tube disfunction and wax occlusion. Ear conditions are:
- Ear infections eg Middle ear infections and inflammation (Otitis media).
- Outer ear infections and inflammation (Otitis externa), mastoiditis.
- Eardrum perforation.
- Hearing loss.
- Dizziness & Balance Problems such as Vertigo.
- Tinnitus ‘Ringing in the Ear’.
- Menieres dis.
- Ear tumours.
- Ear Wax and Blocked Ears.
- Early Cholesteatoma ‘skin in the wrong place’.
For hearing loss which requires a hearing aid, we provide an expert evaluation on type of problems such as pure sensorineural hearing loss, mixed hearing loss or conductive hearing loss. We provide prescription and trial of hearing aid by well-known hearing centre which also provides cochlear implant.
As for your loving elderly either parents or grandparents, the hearing aid is crucial to improve their quality of life.
Introducing Malaysia First One-Stop Hearing Care Centre – hearLIFE HEARING CARE CENTER
hearLIFE Hearing Care Centre is a recognised hearing aid and implant provider and is partnered with various hospitals throughout Malaysia.
Services and Products:
- Hearing assessment for all age range patients to know the level and type of hearing loss. Hearing assessment includes;
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Auditory Brainstem Response
- Newborn hearing screening for babies to detect hearing loss and immediate implementation.
- Several types of hearing implant systems that are designed for a different type of hearing loss to help patients hear like normal. Cochlear implants are designed for individuals with severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss. These individuals receive little or no benefit from hearing aids.
- Hearing aids for patients to suit their needs and adapt comfortably in daily lives.
- Speech therapy conducted by qualified speech therapists to develop patients’ spoken language skill after hearing management, stroke, etc.