When it is time to be discharged, whether you choose to make payment via credit card, cash or insurance, we strive to do our best for you and appreciate your patience during the whole payment process.
By Cash or Credit Card
- Once deemed fit for discharge by the Consultant, it will take approximately two hours (on average) to prepare the bills.
- The ward staffs will prepare discharge and payment documents as well as your medications.
- Once the bill is ready, show your discharge and bill settlement documents at the nurses’ station.
- You will be given your Discharge Notification Document, investigation reports, drug prescriptions and your medicine based on your drug prescriptions.
- Inform your consultant if you need a medical certificate (MC).
- Upon settlement of the bills, please vacate the room promptly in consideration of other patients.
- This payment method may take up to four hours to process.
- If you would like to leave the hospital earlier, you will have to leave a security deposit that is equivalent to the outstanding bill with our billing department. This will be refunded once approval is obtained from your insurance company.
- If your insurance company has denied approval, please settle payment by cash or credit card.
- If the approved amount is less than the final bill, you will need to pay the balance.
- The original copy of the investigation reports will be submitted to your insurance provider. You will receive a copy of it and your Discharge Summary.
*If your room stay extends beyond 12pm on the day of your discharge, you are liable to pay the room charges.
Columbia Asia is a panel hospital that falls under a multitude of insurance companies and third-party administrators, both local and international. We provide the means for you to receive medical coverage, giving you peace of mind while you are under our care.